Major development: our genealogy database is now freely available onlineAugust 26th, 2017 0 By Jean-Pierre Proulx
Following our spring survey of our members and registrants on our site, we found that more than two-thirds of respondents were interested in accessing our genealogy database online and that two-thirds were even willing to pay at least $ 10 for access!
We are right to be interested in it. It’s a great bank, as the following data from last June show:
To date, it counts
- 104053 names.
- Of this number:
- 36959 are direct descendants of the 6 Proulx pioneers.
- 27192 are spouses of these descendants.
- 39902 are the relatives of the spouses.
- Distribution of descendants:
- Prou-Fournier: 23649 (64.0%)
- Prou-Pinel: 4927 (13.3%)
- Prou-Pilon: 4155 (11.2%)
- Préaux-Fleury: 2446 (6.6%)
- Prou-Gauthier: 1652 (4.5%)
- Prou-Brunet: 130 (0.4%)
Taking note of this potential demand, effective today, your board has done better: it has decided to offer FREE online access to the database.
The only but essential condition is to be a member in good standing of the Proulx Family Association of America. Not a member yet? Feel free to become one today and enjoy all the rights and privileges of the Association.
- If you are a member and have alaready a username and password, click here : access to the database;
- If you are a member but do not have yet a username and password, ask for it by clicking here: request my username/password;
- If you are not a member but want to become one, click here : Becoming a member.