Who can become a member of the Proulx Families Association of America?
Any person who is a Proulx descendant, directly, by marriage or adoption or any person interested in the goals of the Proulx Families Association of America may become a member.
How to become a member of the Proulx Families Association of America?
Becoming a member is very easy! Simply complete the electronic Membership Form. After submitting it, you will be redirected to a page that will allow you to pay your annual membership fee.
If you decide to use our online services, you can make your payment by credit card, check or bank transfer.
If you decide not to use our online services, you can print the following form: the paper version of the Membership Form, complete it and mail it with a cheque made payable to the Association des familles Proulx d’Amérique at the following address:
Association des familles Proulx d’Amérique
334 Rang 4 Ouest
St-Anaclet, Rimouski, Qc.
The annual fee is $25 for a regular member. Please note that the amounts indicated are in CAN$ for applications from Canada and in US$ for those from other countries.
The renewal date is set on the anniversary date of your membership. If you have moved, do not forget to send us your new address and indicate your old address and membership number to avoid any administrative error.
You will also find below a copy of the general by-laws of the Proulx Families Association of America as well as a copy of the amendments voted at the general meeting held on September 15th, 2012. Please read these documents.
General Rules of AFPA – Amendements, sept 15th, 2012
Rights of members
- Hold a membership card;
- Receive the magazine Figure de Prou published twice a year;
- Access to previous editions of the journal Figure de Prou;
- Publish articles and/or news in the journal Figure de Prou;
- Participate, with the right to vote, in annual general meetings;
- Apply to the Board of Directors;
- To proudly display the Proulx Family Association of America crest;
- Access to our online genealogical bank;
- Benefit from a genealogy service.
Duties of members
- Remain active in the Proulx Families Association of America;
- Pay its annual membership fee;
- Participate and/or collaborate in the Association’s unifying activities;
- Contribute articles and/or family photos to the journal Figure de Prou;
- Contribute to the Association’s genealogical database;
- Promote the Association to family and friends;
- Contribute to the sense of belonging to the Proulx Families Association of America.